Ashton Technology Solutions, Inc.: We are an established, financially strong, fast growing Managed IT Services firm based in Beachwood, OH, with clients throughout the Greater Cleveland and Northeast Ohio area. We work with clients in professional services, manufacturing and non-profit sectors. The Ashton mission and purpose is to make businesses more productive with relevant technologies.
Our Managed IT Services include systems monitoring, preventative maintenance, IT help-desk support, and technology related project management services. We set up, maintain and manage networks for businesses with between 10 and 500 PCs, and with 1 to 20 servers in single and multi-site locations. We provide on-site and remote help desk support as well as 24×7 systems monitoring and alerting. We provide cloud-based services, data protection, hosting, Microsoft 365/Azure.
We also provide on premise and co-managed IT services for organizations that need augmentation and support tools that we can provide.
We have added a new Full-Time career position.
This job opportunity is due to the continued sustained growth of our company. The ideal candidate for this position has a customer service focus and enjoys working closely with business professionals as an expert technical consultant. You have an unrelenting desire for excellence and improvement both personally and professionally. You enjoy working with people and have a friendly and engaging personality. You just also happen to be a highly skilled technologist. You always bring your A-game and have a low tolerance for slackers. When someone tells you that you can’t do something, your goal is to find a way to make it happen. And despite this competitive nature, you are pleasant to work with and willing to help others succeed. You feel the need to get the job done efficiently, thoroughly, on schedule, driving it to a positive and satisfactory conclusion. You love to solve problems and understand that technology serves people.
IT Helpdesk Engineer duties :
– Provide telephone/remote and on-site troubleshooting, training and tech support to end users
– Perform software installs and updates
– Maintain accurate client network documentation
– Set up and configure PCs, printers, peripherals and networking equipment
– Assist senior technicians with network deployment projects
– Troubleshooting sometimes complex technical issues
– Experience providing desktop technical support to end users in a business environment
– MCP or MCTS, A+ certification strongly favored, but not required
– Excellent troubleshooting skills
– Tenacity and a desire to solve complex problems
– Strong skills and understanding of Microsoft Office applications
– Solid skills and understanding of other common business applications
– Strong understanding of network topology and of network configuration at the desktop level
– Solid PC hardware, software and Windows operating system knowledge
– Excellent listening and communication skills
– Excellent web research skills
– Two professional references required
Must pass a minimum of two qualified, industry specific exams annually for continued employment
A day in your life as an Ashton IT Consultant will look something like this: You take an 8 am call to help a client via remote support that suddenly can’t print. It’s a critical situation because she has a board meeting in 45 minutes.
After fixing that problem, you start working on a server backup job that failed the night before. Then a system alert notifies you that a server is not checking in properly and users report they can’t get to the Internet. By 11:00AM you’ve driven 40 miles to a client office to finish the setup of two new desktop PCs and you discuss which tablet would be the best fit for the owner of the company. You’re back in the office for a couple of hours, entering your notes and configuring a firewall that has to be ready for a job tomorrow. Later in the day you start the mailbox move process on an Exchange server for a project you are working on over the next few days. A client calls at 4:30PM and has a problem with a software application you’ve never heard of before. . . problem solved after a few minutes and you’re done by 5 pm at the office, but later tonight from home, while on-call (rotating), you respond to a critical server outage by working with the team to determine that a power outage caused the alert.
This job position demands, and we expect, high octane A-team players. This can be a demanding and stressful job at times, but for the right person, it’s ultimately a rewarding career that provides a great deal of variety and offers continuous challenges. We guarantee you won’t be bored.
Here’s a short list of the technologies most or all of which you already know how to expertly support:
- Windows Server 2012 – 2022
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft 365, including Teams Calling, OneDrive, SharePoint, Exchange
- Hyper-V and/or VMWare
- Firewall appliances
- Sophos Endpoint Protection
- Sophos security appliances
- Ubiquiti wireless access devices
- 3cx telephone systems
- LAN/WAN routing and support
- Cabling and troubleshooting desktop PC hardware and software
- Industry standard backup solutions
- Current familiarity with all the latest gadgets and technical innovations
This is a full-time salaried position conducted primarily Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm. Forty hour work weeks are a minimum along with availability for after-hours work, on-call rotations and occasional weekend projects when requested or required.
The expectation is that you commit the necessary time to get the job and projects done efficiently and in a timely manner .
Our office in suburban Cleveland, OH (Beachwood) and at client locations throughout the Northeast Ohio region. While remote work is available, due to our strong collaborative culture and need for occasional on-site visits, we are only seeking candidates who are able to work out of our primary office location, with hybrid work benefits, at this time.
Commensurate with your relevant experience and demonstrated skills. We generously compensate your strong work ethic and your ability to provide consistently excellent results.
Please include your compensation requirements.
- Generous Medical Insurance Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO), up to 30 days annually
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution
- Microsoft and related training and certification reimbursements
- Hybrid work from home benefits
Job Type: Full-time