Ashton Technology Solutions, Inc .: We are an established, financially strong, fast growing IT Services firm based in Beachwood, OH, with clients throughout Northeast Ohio who have a presence across the country. We work with clients in professional services, manufacturing, design, education, construction, and non-profit sectors. The Ashton mission and purpose is to simplify technology, and to get it done right. We strive to bring common sense, simple solutions where others have over complicated things.
Our IT Services include systems monitoring, preventative maintenance, IT help-desk support, and technology related project management services. We set up, maintain and manage networks for businesses within the 50 – 250 user space. We provide on-site and remote help desk support as well as 24×7 systems monitoring and alerting. We own and resell our own private cloud based services, along with Microsoft Office 365 and Azure. We also provide on premise and co-managed IT services for organizations that need augmentation and support tools that we can provide.
We have a new Full-Time career position. This job opportunity is due to the continued sustained growth of our company. The ideal candidate for this position is focused on customer service and enjoys working closely with business professionals as an expert technical consultant. You have an unrelenting passion for excellence and improvement both personally and professionally. You enjoy working with people and have a friendly and engaging personality. You just also happen to be a highly skilled technologist. You always bring your A-game and have a low tolerance for slackers. When someone tells you that you can’t do something, your goal is to find a way to make it happen. And despite this competitive nature, you are pleasant to work with and willing to help others succeed. You feel the need to get the job done efficiently, thoroughly, on schedule, driving it to a positive and satisfactory conclusion. You love to solve problems and understand that technology serves people.
IT System Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide telephone/remote and on-site troubleshooting, training and support to end users and decision makes
- Perform software installs and updates
- Maintain accurate client network documentation
- Set up and configure PCs, printers, peripherals and networking equipment
- Assist junior engineers with escalation items
- Troubleshooting of complex and time sensitive technical issues
- Experience providing desktop technical support to end users in a business environment
- CompTIA A+, Network +, CCNA, MCP, MCSA, and MCSE certifications, and/or several years of real world experience
- Experience solving complex IT issues within time constraints
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server products and solutions
- In depth understanding of DNS, DHCP, and basic routing fundamentals
- Experience troubleshooting networking and firewall related issues
- Strong understanding of network topology and of network configuration at the desktop level
- Solid PC hardware, software and Windows operating system knowledge- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to pass a minimum of two qualified, industry specific exams annually for continued employment
- Experience with Office 365 migrations and Office 365 management
A day in your life as an Ashton Engineer will look something like this: A junior engineer asks for your assistance with a Sophos firewall that has stopped passing traffic. You collaborate with the engineer and determine that the client’s internal IT staff made a change to the firewall by looking at the change logs. After educating the junior engineer on the path to resolution, you move on to planning the timeline for a 100 mailbox Office 365 migration. You work with the Service Manager to outline a viable timeline, updating the client after reviewing internal schedules and client blackout dates.
After a quick lunch, the Service Coordinator asks you for assistance with a wireless outage at a manufacturing firm. This is a critical issue because it prevents their shipping department from using their hand scanners and shipping product. After a few minutes of research, you call the point of contact to explain what you’re seeing. You spend the next hour determining that a firmware update to the access points has caused the issue, and after locating the previous firmware version, upgrade the access points and resolve the issue. A client calls at 4:30PM and has a problem with a software application you’ve never heard of before. . . problem solved after a few minutes and you’re done by 5 pm at the office, but later tonight from home, you need to apply security patches and reboot a server and confirm everything is working correctly.
This job position demands, and we expect, high octane A-team players. This can be a demanding and stressful job at times, but for the right person, it’s ultimately a rewarding career that provides a great deal of variety and offers continuous challenges. We guarantee you won’t be bored.
Here’s a short list of the technologies most or all of which you already know how to expertly support:
- Windows Server 2008 – 2019
- Exchange Server 2007 – 2019
- Hyper-V and/or VMWare
- SonicWALL appliances
- Sophos Security Solutions
- Sophos Security appliances
- Ubiquiti wireless access devices
- 3cx telephone systems
- LAN/WAN routing and support
- Cabling and troubleshooting Desktop PC hardware and software
- Routing and VLANs
This is a full-time salaried position conducted primarily Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm. Forty hour work weeks are a minimum along with availability for after-hours work, on-call rotations and occasional weekend projects when requested or required.
The expectation is that you commit the necessary time to get the job and projects done efficiently and in a timely manner .
Our office in suburban Cleveland, OH (Beachwood) and at client locations throughout the Northeast Ohio region. As such, we are only seeking candidates who are able to work out of our primary office location.
Commensurate with your relevant experience and demonstrated skills. We generously compensate your strong work ethic and your ability to provide consistently excellent results.
- Please include your compensation requirements.
- Generous Medical Insurance Plan;
- Paid Vacation/PTO- Excellent automobile and cellphone expense reimbursement;
- Microsoft and related training and certification reimbursements